Thursday, March 25, 2010

the first two weeks...











It is strange how fast and how slow time can go. I am really trying to just love each and every minute of this new baby and enjoy her as much as I can. Still, I find that I have moments of anxiety where I start to think about things that are beyond my control and too far in the future. I don't remember ever feeling this way with the other two kids, so maybe it is just about being older. However, I AM more relaxed about so many other things with Maggie. I know that one day she won't want to cuddle all day, and that she won't need me for every little thing, and I know that one day she will head off to school and get to learn all the hard lessons of life. So for now, I just focus on her little face, her little toes, her tiny hands, and her perfect eyes. Sleep will come again (I hope!), but 'tiny her' will keep on growing.








6 comments:

ED said...

Precious!!! She is beautiful.... and so blessed to have such a wonderful mom, dad and siblings!! AHHH, just so dang cute!!!

Marc and Jenny said...

I love her in the basket! She just stares right through ya. It always seems like they know more than they let on...:)

Rich and Tyra said...

She is beautiful! Love these pictures too!

Toots said...

Aim,
I liked her foot sticking up in the air...oh so cute! And the sweet innocence of her big, beautiful eyes in the first picture. She is changing all the time! I love what you wrote. She will keep on growing so yes, you have to take a hold on these times when they are so tiny--it's amazing how quick it goes! I can't wait to see her again!

J + A Humphreys said...

She is going to be so BIG by the time I get to squeeze her. She is soooo beautiful. Just love that first shot. AND I love that hair! I know how you feel...it's hard to focus on the now and the small moments, but the really do go by so fast.

Rupper Family said...

I was so glad to see ya and catch a glimpse of your sweet baby the other day! She's perfect!