Sunday, August 8, 2010

Wheat and Beet Days!




Toots and I decided to run the W&B 10K this year. It was a great morning for a run, with lots of clouds and a great location. We loved it! I am still not as speedy as before I had Maggie, but it is still so much fun. I am glad that Toots is my running buddy! It is so fun to have someone to do these races with. After the race, Toots went home and I met the kids and Kory to watch Emma ride her horse in the W&B days parade. My goodness she can ride 'em pretty. She really is so confident and she just loves her horse. It is fun to see her growing up into such a little lady.


6 comments:

Abbie said...

Woo-hoo! Great job on the 10K. Looks like such a beautiful day. Has it been two years since we ran that? It's always so much more fun when you have a partner. :) Emma looks so cute. She really is going to be a heart-breaker. I love the way she looks in that hat. So beautiful.

Toots said...

Thanks, Abs! I loved this run-- My first 10k! Still can't believe you and Abs got 1st place (in your cats)when you ran it together, Aim!!! This race was actually relaxing-- if a run can be that way! I think looking at all the hay and farm lands made me enjoy the run more. I want to do more of these. Thanks for being such a great running buddy. You can't beat winning a Farm Bureau visor! Plus, I have to say how much I loved the breakfast afterward.

Toots said...

Aim, Emma is quite amazing. I am really nervous to get on horses, but i want to conquer that fear! Maybe Emma can teach me a thing or two. She looks great!

Marc and Jenny said...

I hate I missed you today! We'll have to get together soon. Awesome job on the 10 k!

Heidi said...

Looks like fun!! I wanna do a race with you :)

johansen vikings said...

I love you are still running! You all look great and I LOVE emma on the horse!