Sunday, August 22, 2010

Famous in BEC. Amy Wilde: Atmosphere

I have read Dear Abby forever. FOREVER. I loved each morning opening the paper and seeing her 50's haircut, and her solid words of advice. I remember thinking, I would like to see my picture and words in print someday. Well, I finally got the courage up to take in some of my sample columns into the Box Elder News Journal...and after a bit of a wait, and some persistence...I have my own column!! The editor is going to let me have a monthly column, and I could not be more thrilled!!!! Thank you to all of my friends and family who have supported me in this little dream. You are my best writing inspiration. :) The column name is Atmosphere. Named for the air we create around us, for the motion we make when we move, for the wind that carries our thoughts, and for the vast amounts of feeling in this universe. I am so excited to keep writing!! If you are interested you can read my first few columns by clicking this link:
http://www.benewsjournal.com/opinion.html

9 comments:

Marc and Jenny said...

Amy! Wow! What have you NOT done?! I love the article! I am honored to have been there for that lesson.:) I'm glad the News Journal saw your talent. Best of luck!

Rich and Tyra said...

I Love It!!!!!! You are the bomb diggaty!!!

Maria said...

I saw it in the paper. Your ARE AWSOME keep it up Amy!!

Toots said...

Aim,
What was your latest column about? I am thrilled that you are taking up this dream of yours...you truly inspire us all to reach for our own. By the way, I LOVE the new pictures of the kids on the sidebar of your blog! Just look how big Maggie is now! Wow. And Emma is really a beauty with her hair in soft curls. I love that pic of Hayden at FG. :)

Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica said...

Amy I love your article!! It made my day reading it. Please post your next one. Way to go.

J + A Humphreys said...

Who are those kids??? Especially that baby??? Ahhhhhh, I can't believe how much Maggie has changed. She is darling. Love that pic of Emma too. Dangit. Hate missing everyone growing up. Love the articles. So, so, so happy for you!! So glad you've got a monthly spot. Can't wait to see the direction all of this goes. LY!

Seth said...

Way to go Amy! I know I must say this to you all the time, but you truly are an amazingly talented woman! You inspire me and teach me all the time (and not just about how to have shiny legs.) I LOVE your writing, and can't wait to read more :)

Seth said...

Oops! I was logged in as Seth, but it's me - Heidi :)