Friday, November 28, 2008

looking backward

Me, Jeannie, Grandma H, Toots

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. It is focused on family, giving thanks, and eating. Three of my top favorite things. The highlight of the day was when my mom and dad got out a set of old slides that we had not seen before. There was a magical picture of Jeannie looking right into my mom's eyes just minutes after she was born. We all thought she looked like she was smiling. I am sure I have never seen a baby look that alert and ready to learn in my whole life. There were pics of Toots with her cute face and fly away hair. Of Justin with his PUBS cake, Todd with his lesiure suit, me as a baby, and Darin in a state of happy euphoria that was undeniable. Thanksgiving and every day I am thankful for my siblings, and for the connection we all share. Six kids in eight years means a lot of fighting and a lot of sharing, but in the end after all these years, it also means a lot of understanding.

2 comments:

Val and Tav said...

You are very lucky to have such a big family that is close! I bet they are all just as amazing as you :) glad you had a good holiday. Loves

Toots said...

Aim,
I am SO glad we went over to Gram's on Thanksgiving and took pictures with Gram. What a good thing that was to do--and all your idea. I also love Thanksgiving for it's simplicity on being thankful--spending time with family and eating wonderful food, of course. We are so blessed! I had such a fun time seeing those old slides too. It was great to look back. Today at church I thought it was neat when our bishop said, "Isn't it so wonderful that we can begin the holidays with Thanksgiving and being thankful?" I loved that. It is a great thing. I had such a good day with you and everyone.