Tuesday, November 25, 2008

turkey's do indeed trot


On Sat I ran in the world famous turkey trot. There were a total of 35 people there. Abbie! Where were you??! You could have won your very own large frozen turkey! There was heavy competition for the 30-39 year old ladies. I counted four of us. Nobody showed up for the 20-29 year olds, meaning that their turkey did not go home with a winner. Regardless of this super duper challenge, the race was so much fun. Four miles in the clean, crisp, fall air. Gorgeous blue sky. The kids and Kory both came and watched me cross the finish. Emma hopped out of the truck and ran the last leg with me in her knee high metallic purple heeled boots. Freaking awesome. I took... ahem 3rd. I walked away with a pumpkin pie. Although I did not go home with a turkey, I did run a fairly decent race (for me anyway!) and had a time of 35.30 for 4 miles. Next up....the snowman shuffle. :)

5 comments:

J + A Humphreys said...

What?! I could have scored a free turkey?! Where were all the other ladies my age...slackers. SO awesome that Emma ran the last with you AND that you had lots of supporters. Sheesh, seems like there have been tons of races all season long. I only know of one here, besides the marathons. Lame. :) Way to go for representing the family. I'm pround of you!!

johansen vikings said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
johansen vikings said...

You do the funnest things! Is funnest a word??? Happy Thanksgiving!!! Marni

Heidi said...

Amy you are awesome!! Way to go!!!

Toots said...

Yeah, Aim!!!! I love that you get so involved in all these races no matter the season! I bet it was pretty fun even if you didn't take home a turkey---a pumpkin pie still has its merit! You are really amazing, Aim. One day I want to run with you--or walk--not sure I can ever be a real runner. :) See you tomorrow.